Stately home to stage run to help raise funds for St Mary's Baldock
THE stately home of Hatfield House will provide the impressive backdrop for a day of events to raise funds for St Mary s Church, Baldock. Keen runners will be able to take part in a 10k race starting at 10am and registration costs just �12 for the even
THE stately home of Hatfield House will provide the impressive backdrop for a day of events to raise funds for St Mary's Church, Baldock.
Keen runners will be able to take part in a 10k race starting at 10am and registration costs just �12 for the event on Saturday, March 27.
The race is well timed for anyone preparing for the London Marathon but even for those with less serious ambitions, it will provide a great opportunity to enjoy a traffic-free route within the grounds of the House.
For those who prefer a two-wheeled mode of transport, a sponsored bike ride will start at 12.30pm, following the same 10k course.
You may also want to watch:
For the afternoon, a 5k sponsored walk will start at 1.30pm for those looking for a gentler way to raise money - perfect for families with younger children or those who are still lacking impetus with their New Year fitness regime.
A minimum sponsorship of �10 per person (or �25 per family) will be required to participate in the bike ride or walk. All proceeds will go towards the ongoing campaign to restore the tower and spire of St Mary's Church, Baldock. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, March 17.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
The Rev Andrew Holford, rector of St Mary's, said: "We're delighted to be hosting these events in the fabulous grounds of Hatfield House. Whether you're preparing for a marathon or simply fancy a family day out, this is a great way to help raise funds for St Mary's.