Stars from Britain’s Got Talent and The Voice to turn on Stevenage Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
Two singer-songwriters from Stevenage will be switching on the Christmas lights in their home town next month.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist Gabz Gardiner and Nadeem Leigh from The Voice will both be taking to the stage in the town centre on November 28.
It will be the second switch-on event in a week for 14-year-old Gabz after she agreed to take part in the Hitchin event on November 22, and will follow a performance at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage for Celebrate!!!
The Nobel School student shot to fame on the ITV talent show in June, and has since reached number six in the UK singles chart with Lighters (The One).
Nadeem, who grew up in the town and went to The John Henry Newman School, appeared on BBC’s The Voice in April and May, making it through the blind audition before being knocked out in the second round.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old, who was mentored by Danny O’Donoghue from The Script, moved back to Stevenage while the show was being aired and regularly gigs in the area.
“We’re really pleased that two talented local artist have agreed to perform at the Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on,” said Stevenage town centre manager Tracey Parry.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
“It’s great that both of them want to support their local town centre.”