Star from BBC’s The Voice recording EP in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A TV talent show star has been recording in his home town as he prepares to release an EP next month.
Nadeem Leigh from The Voice is in the process of recording five tracks at Unit6 Productions, based in Stevenage.
The record label, which gets its name from its address at 6 Pond Close, off Walkern Road, was set up by Kriss Lawrence in August on the back of opening recording studio The Practice Roomz which proved a hit with musicians.
Nadeem – who reached the battle rounds of the BBC One talent contest in May – signed up to the label after the 35-year-old used some of the company’s equipment for a gig.
The singer-songwriter from Stevenage is also being managed by Mr Lawrence’s wife Anna, and is currently recording at the studio ahead of the EP’s release, expected to be in December.
You may also want to watch:
Kriss said: “I was in the process of putting the label together so I asked Nadeem if he wanted to do a music video for free. We recorded a couple of tracks to go with it and he loved the recording so it just went from there. It’s amazing for me to work with someone who has been recognised in the music industry.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out