Stand-by-Me Bereavement Support to benefit from £3,356.94 total raised by Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
North Herts charity Stand-by-Me Bereavement Support is to benefit from a £3,356.94 windfall courtesy of Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club, who fundraised for the cause throughout 2016 after designating it their charity of the year.
Vernon McClure from Stand-by-Me – pictured above centre – accepted the cheque from club manager Andy Proudlove and community head coach Charlotte Gibbons last Tuesday.
Fundraising events included a cradio tennis fun day, which raised more than £200, and a running challenge for people who hate running that brought in £1,000.
There were also traditional raffles and a big charity race night in October.
Andy said: “Stand-by-Me do amazing work, and we have been a proud supporter.”
You may also want to watch:
For more about the charity see stand-by-me.org.uk.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn