Stacy Long was 'stunning' - Westley
BORO manager Graham Westley has heaped praise on Stacy Long after the midfielder bossed his side s 4-1 win over Cambridge United. The former Ebbsfleet United man was part of a three man midfield which taught the Us a lesson on New Year s Day as Boro outmu
BORO manager Graham Westley has heaped praise on Stacy Long after the midfielder bossed his side's 4-1 win over Cambridge United.
The former Ebbsfleet United man was part of a three man midfield which taught the Us a lesson on New Year's Day as Boro outmuscled and outpassed their fierce local rivals.
"Stacy is one of a number of players who have not had a lot of football throughout the season but when they've been called upon they've shown the professionalism that's expected of them and they've shown the amount of work that they've put in behind the scenes to keep themselves right.
"(He's shown a) great professional on a day-to-day basis. He was a main man at Ebbsfleet, he's come here and he's had to work really, really hard.
You may also want to watch:
"I think he's improved his game and I think...he gave a stunning display."
Westley was pleased with his side's second half performance against United as Boro built on their 2-1 first half lead by keeping good possession of the ball and creating all kinds of problems for their visitors with some wonderful movement up front from Yemi Odubade, Chris Beardsley and Lee Boylan.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
"I was pleased with the second half performance. I thought in the first half we stuttered and stumbled and didn't really get going.
"I thought in the second half we really got a grip on the game, took the game to them, played on the front foot, played some really enterprising stuff. I thought they were terrific in the second half.
"I think their energy was an impressive thing from my point of view. The energy the lads showed to get up and down just underlines the professionalism they've all showed in the last week to keep themselves right and get themselves prepared.