Stabbing suspect still on the run
Police are still searching for the assailant who put a man in hospital
POLICE investigating an incident in Letchworth GC yesterday (Thursday) evening in which a 39-year-old man suffered non-life-threatening puncture wounds are still hunting for his attacker.
The assault happened in Eldefield between 5.15pm and 5.30pm when there was a reported dispute between two men.
The victim, who lives in Eldefield, was taken to hospital with puncture wounds to his back. He currently remains in a stable condition.
It is believed he knows the attacker who is in his 50s.
Anyone with information about the incident who has not already spoken to police is asked to ring the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 22 and quote reference G2/10/1028.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the same reference.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
Inspector Simon Tabert said: “This type of incident is extremely rare but we will be providing increased patrols in the area and residents can come and talk to us about any concerns they might have.”