St Johnstone sign James Dunne on loan
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage midfielder has joined Scottish Premiership club until the end of the season
St Johnstone have signed James Dunne on loan.
The Stevenage midfielder travelled up to Scotland on Saturday, and will remain at the club until the end of the season.
Dunne, who was one appearance away from triggering a £25,000 payment to Exeter City as set out by a tribunal when he joined Boro in 2012, had his first training session with his new team-mates today and should be in the squad that plays against Dundee United tonight.
Dunne told the St Johnstone club website: “I’m very delighted because I’ve not been playing a lot this season. Hopefully I can come here, in a good league, and start playing some games.
You may also want to watch:
“I got a call last Wednesday to say ‘be ready, you might need to go’ and then I got a call Saturday morning about 10am and travelled up yesterday (Sunday), it took about seven-and-a-half hours.
“I’ve spoken with Marcus Haber, who used to be here, and he said it is a great club and they play good football and it made my mind up for me.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'