St Ippolyts Dance date not for the squares
- Credit: Archant
American square dancing came to St Ippolyts on Sunday afternoon as more than 50 enthusiasts were put through their paces at the Parish Hall in Waterdell Lane.
Kim Brosnan from Staplers Country Dance Club said: “We really enjoyed our square dancing. The event was very popular and we learned a lot – there was great music too!”
Caller and teacher Colin Hume added: “We had around 50 people attend on Sunday so it went pretty well. Most of them were experienced dancers but many were not – yet they all seemed to enjoy it.
“The benefits of American square dancing include helping with general fitness and exercise – and of course it is very enjoyable.
“It also exercises the mind. Why? You have to think hard about what the caller is saying to you in order to execute the moves – so you use your brain as well as your body.”
You may also want to watch:
For information on the next event visit www.staplers.org.uk or call 01582 881966.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision