St Ippolyts couple celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Congratulations are due to Cyril and Jean Andrews from St Ippolyts, who today celebrate their platinum wedding anniversary – that’s 70 years of marriage.
A crowded Hitchin dance hall was where this extraordinary romance began in 1946. Cyril met Jean in a group of their friends, and knew she was the one straight away.
Cyril was born and bred in St Ippolyts, where the couple have lived ever since marrying at the historic parish church in 1948.
Cyril, who served for five years in the Second World War, lays a remembrance wreath each year at St Ippolyts Church.
Jean told the Comet they had found the card shop they checked did not sell cards for 70th anniversaries.
You may also want to watch:
The couple received a letter from the Queen for their 60th anniversary, and hope to find another greeting from their royal penpal this week.
Cyril and Jean will be celebrating their life of love with a party organised by their son Colin, with friends and family including their grandchild and two great-grandchildren.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright