Sports club attacked by yobs
Criminals broke into a sports clubhouse over the weekend causing damage but making off empty-handed.
Just weeks after Knebworth Tennis Club clubhouse was destroyed in an arson attack, the village bowls club was targeted sometime between 6pm on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday.
The door to the clubhouse of Watton Road was damaged in the break-in, but nothing was taken.
This is the second attack on the clubhouse this year after a similar incident in January.
Club secretary Gillian Welham said: “On neither occasion was anything stolen because there is nothing to steal. No money or anything of value is ever left on the premises. We have no licensed bar so there is no alcohol to attract would-be thieves.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the break-in is urged to contact investigating officer Pc Paul Newall via the non-emergency number, 101.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out