Spate of vehicle crimes in Mid Beds
POLICE are reminding people to remove all property from their parked vehicles following a spate of thefts in Mid Beds.
A window to a white Mitsubishi was smashed on Silver Birch Avenue in Henlow and a laptop taken from the rear seat sometime between 6pm on December 11 and 6.30am on December 12. (Crime reference number JD/50004/2011).
A number of power tools were taken from a silver Citroen parked on Addington Close in Henlow sometime between 9pm on December 11 and 4pm on December 12. (Crime reference number JD/50096/2011).
Between 6pm on December 8 and 9.30am on December 9 a silver BMW parked on Priory Gate in Shefford was targeted by thieves who stole the car’s steering wheel and a satellite navigation system. (Crime reference number JD/49594/2011).
On Prince Edward Way in Stotfold, sometime between 10.30pm on December 6 and 7.30am on December 7, two handbags were taken from the front of a black Volkswagen Beetle. (Crime reference number JD/49308/2011).
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information about any of these incidents, call Beds Police on 101 and quote the relevant crime reference number. Alternatively, text 07786200011 or email chc@Bedfordshire.pnn.Police.uk You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111, or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
A spokesman for Beds Police said: “Please remember to remove all valuables from the vehicle whenever it is left unattended.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
“Remember to remove the holder for any satellite navigation systems or mobile phones, and clean away any marks left on the windscreen or dashboard.
“Leaving the empty glove box open will also discourage an offender breaking into the vehicle.”
For more information on reducing vehicle crime, visit http://tinyurl.com/bnpm49z