Sowing seeds for bloom entry
OVER 2,000 spring bulbs have been planted in Sandy town centre in preparation for Anglia in Bloom. The challenge of trying to gain an award in this year s contest is now in the hands of the Sandy Enhancement Group s new chairman Cllr Susan Sutton who has
OVER 2,000 spring bulbs have been planted in Sandy town centre in preparation for Anglia in Bloom.
The challenge of trying to gain an award in this year's contest is now in the hands of the Sandy Enhancement Group's new chairman Cllr Susan Sutton who has taken over from Dr Judy Baxter who served in the position for 14 years.
This week she said she was looking forward to the challenge of co-ordinating the town's entry for the 2007 Anglia in Bloom competition.
The assorted bulbs of daffodils, tulips and alliums have been planted in the main town centre roundabout and nearby Faynes Corner gardens and should ensure a colourful display from March until the end of May.
You may also want to watch:
The group is also looking for volunteers to come for to help with Cllr Sutton saying: "We still need people to help with local judging competitions, photographing the town for the portfolio and helping develop new areas of the town.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?