Sonsiphere pull-out to leave ‘huge’ financial hole at Knebworth
The decision to pull Sonsiphere Festival from Knebworth Park this summer will leave a “huge hole” in the park’s finances, Knebworth House has confirmed.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of Lytton Enterprises which manage the house and grounds, said the announcement today by promoters Kilimanjaro to scrap the three-day metal festival will hit finances hard.
“It’s left a huge hole in our calendar as well as our projections,” she said, adding there was no way to recoup the loss this year.
“It’s a really tough year economically. Ticket sales were a major contributing reason,” she added.
“We have to make the best of the situation. We will be open on those days now – the house and gardens.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve still got the Chili Peppers and the park will be open for the season.”
She added that there was no suggestion of scrapping the festival altogether and staff are working towards next year.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“We are focussing on 2013 and already have a very, very good set up.
“It’s only been around for a few years and won the best festival in its first year and best line-up last year. Punters’ feedback has been very good.”