Sonisphere festival time capsule to be buried in Knebworth
A TIME capsule will be buried in the grounds of Knebworth House at the Sonisphere Festival this weekend. A stainless steel sphere, almost 2ft in diameter, will be buried deep underground at a secret location within Knebworth Park. The capsule will be at t
A TIME capsule will be buried in the grounds of Knebworth House at the Sonisphere Festival this weekend.
A stainless steel sphere, almost 2ft in diameter, will be buried deep underground at a secret location within Knebworth Park.
The capsule will be at the festival site during the weekend, and bands such as Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Feeder and Linkin Park will leave their donations.
Set lists, guitar strings, sweaty towels and video messages are just some mementos from the festival which could make it into the sphere.
There will also be memorabilia from Knebworth's rich rock history, donated by the Lytton-Cobbolds.
Towards the end of the weekend, there will be a sealing ceremony on site before the time capsule is taken to a secret location and buried.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 3 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 4 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 9 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 10 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
A spokesman for Sonisphere said: "Who knows when it will be dug up again, and what will go through the minds of whoever finds it?
"All we can be sure of is that they will know that in England, back in 2009, a lot of people had a lot of fun and knew how to throw a party."