Sonisphere festival time capsule to be buried in Knebworth
A TIME capsule will be buried in the grounds of Knebworth House at the Sonisphere Festival this weekend. A stainless steel sphere, almost 2ft in diameter, will be buried deep underground at a secret location within Knebworth Park. The capsule will be at t
A TIME capsule will be buried in the grounds of Knebworth House at the Sonisphere Festival this weekend.
A stainless steel sphere, almost 2ft in diameter, will be buried deep underground at a secret location within Knebworth Park.
The capsule will be at the festival site during the weekend, and bands such as Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Feeder and Linkin Park will leave their donations.
Set lists, guitar strings, sweaty towels and video messages are just some mementos from the festival which could make it into the sphere.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be memorabilia from Knebworth's rich rock history, donated by the Lytton-Cobbolds.
Towards the end of the weekend, there will be a sealing ceremony on site before the time capsule is taken to a secret location and buried.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
A spokesman for Sonisphere said: "Who knows when it will be dug up again, and what will go through the minds of whoever finds it?
"All we can be sure of is that they will know that in England, back in 2009, a lot of people had a lot of fun and knew how to throw a party."