Sonisphere 2012: First festival headliner set to be revealed
THE countdown has started to the first Sonisphere 2012 Festival headliner announcement for Knebworth Park this summer.
The international touring festival returns to the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8.
And music fans will get a clue as to who the first headliner will be tomorrow (Monday) night on Scuzz TV.
The UK’s biggest rock music TV station – available on Sky channel 374 and Freesat 503 – will play 13 bands from 9pm on Monday, one of which will be the first headliner revealed for the Hertfordshire festival later in the month.
A posting on Scuzz TV’s Facebook page said: “Coming this Monday at 9pm: our ‘Sonisphere Festival’s Mystery Headliner’ show!
You may also want to watch:
Scuzz TV Facebook posting about Sonisphere 2012Scuzz TV Facebook posting about Sonisphere 2012
“We’re going to play you 13 bands, one of which will be the first headliner to be named by Sonisphere.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“Which one of these 13 bands will be the first announced headliner for this year’s Sonisphere? You’ll have to wait and see at a future date.”
Slipknot, Biffy Clyro and thrash metal’s Big 4 – Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth – headlined the rock and metal festival last summer.
Alice Cooper, Rammstein and Iron Maiden were the 2010 headliners, with Metallica and Linkin Park topping the Sonisphere line-up in the festival’s inaugural year.