Son found with mystery injuries
THE family of a young man found lying in the road with serious head injuries have appealed for the public s help in trying to find out what happened to him. Peter Ware, from Stevenage, was found in Primett Road, which runs behind the Proverbial and Red Li
THE family of a young man found lying in the road with serious head injuries have appealed for the public's help in trying to find out what happened to him.
Peter Ware, from Stevenage, was found in Primett Road, which runs behind the Proverbial and Red Lion pubs in the Old Town near to the junction with Draper's Way, between 11.45pm and midnight on Saturday, October 8.
The 28-year-old was taken to Lister Hospital suffering from head injuries where he remains in a serious condition.
Police are currently keeping an open mind as to how he sustained his injuries and are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
Peter's parents have asked members of the public who may have seen him that night to come forward and speak to police.
In a statement released to police, his parents said: "We are devastated by what has happened. It has come as a total shock.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"We would urge anyone who may have seen or spoken to Peter that evening in Stevenage Old Town to come forward as they may have information which can help the police with their investigation.
"Peter is a well known individual in Stevenage and we would be very grateful to anyone with information about him prior to him being found to come forward."
Dc Louise Warncken said: "We are appealing to anyone who may have been in or around the Primett Road or Draper's Way area around 11.45 pm that night to come forward.
"We would like to hear from any passing motorists who may have seen Peter walking along the road to come forward without delay.
"I am particularly keen to speak to two motorists who drove down Primett Road at that time who may have vital information which could help our investigation."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Warncken in the area crime unit on 01438 757007. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.