‘Something to tick off my bucket list’ – Baldock beauty therapist calls for volunteers to take part in top-lip wax Guinness world record bid next week
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock beauty therapist has called for volunteers to take part in a Guinness world record bid next weekend, with donations on the day going to charity.
Jayne Miles, who runs a salon bearing her name in Church Street, intends to break the record for the most top-lip waxes in a single hour by one person – the existing record is 40 – and has set a target of 50.
And the 48-year-old from Stotfold, who is supporting the Genesis Research Trust through the attempt, has told the Comet that raising the bar for the whole world would be ‘something to tick off my bucket list’.
“I’ve been doing this for the last 27 years,” she said.
“One of the things that the Genesis Research Trust researches is polysystic ovaries. One of the effects is excessive hair growth, so it’s kind of connected with that.
You may also want to watch:
“The record stands at 40 people, so I’m going to attempt to do 50.”
Jayne, who went to Stratton Upper School in Biggleswade, has 37 women signed up so far to take part next Saturday, January 21 – and others will be on hand on the day to ensure the attempt is considered official.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
“I’ve got two witnesses and four stewards, and it’ll be filmed, photographed and checked so it’s all legal,” said Jayne.
“One of the people we’ll have there is a boxing referee, because he’s an official timekeeper, and another beauty therapist will check the work.
“Breaking the world record would be the most amazing thing – how cool would that be? I’m approaching my 50th birthday, so it’d be something to tick off my bucket list.
“Apart from this I’m going to cycle around Madagascar in September as well, also for Genesis Research Trust.
“It’s a good excuse to give it a go and try to set the record.”
In the last three years Jayne has raised something like £13,000 for Genesis Research with a cycling expeditions around Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua in 2014, and Tanzania – including the island of Zanzibar – a year later.
There will be buckets for people to make donations at the salon during the world record attempt.
If you’re interested in taking part and getting a free upper-lip wax, email Jayne at email@example.com.