Solicitors help North Herts hospice raise more than £8,500
- Credit: Archant
Solicitors across North Herts and Stevenage have helped Garden House Hospice Care raise more than £8,500 during Make a Will week.
The total has now been counted after the week-long campaign ran earlier this year. It involved participating solicitors giving their time for free to write a basic will, in return for a donation to the hospice.
Cathy White, the hospice’s individual giving manager, said: “We very much appreciate the fantastic support these local solicitors have given us.
“Their commitment to the campaign has helped to encourage local people to write their wills which is extremely important, as well as raising awareness of the hospice and its services.”
Heckford Norton Solicitors, Tollers, and Hamilton Davies LLP Solicitors in Stevenage took part, as did BBW and Friis & Radstone – who have offices in Letchworth and Stevenage – and Hitchin’s Ross Williams Solicitors and HRJ Foreman Law.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives were invited to a ‘thank you’ breakfast at the Cromwell Hotel in Stevenage.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home