Soccer tournament to score for school
A FIVE-A-SIDE football tournament is set to give a kick to a school s funds. Blue Arrow recruitment consultants, of Queensway, Stevenage, are organising a charity event to raise money for Lonsdale School in the town. In addition to a physical or neurologi
A FIVE-A-SIDE football tournament is set to give a kick to a school's funds.
Blue Arrow recruitment consultants, of Queensway, Stevenage, are organising a charity event to raise money for Lonsdale School in the town.
In addition to a physical or neurological impairment, pupils at the school may have sensory loss, a medical condition or associated difficulty in learning.
There are 16 teams taking part in the event at Shephalbury Park on Sunday, August 13, and various businesses are sending teams to take part, including John Lewis and Stevenage Borough Council.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of Blue Arrow's Stevenage branch, Angellina Devantei, said: "If it works we will be able to hold a similar event each year with local companies getting involved and all proceeds going to the school."
A raffle will take place at the end of the day and the event organisers are appealing to businesses to donate prizes.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
If you can help, call Angellina Devantei on 01438 365333 or pop into their office to buy some raffle tickets.