A TWIN town exchange resulted in an England versus Germany soccer match. Baldock Town Youth FC took part in a football exchange scheme with TSG Eisenberg, their twin town in the Rhineland of Germany. The exchange, in its third year, the second year in Bal
A TWIN town exchange resulted in an England versus Germany soccer match.
Baldock Town Youth FC took part in a football exchange scheme with TSG Eisenberg, their twin town in the Rhineland of Germany.
The exchange, in its third year, the second year in Baldock, started with a traditional fish and chips reception at the Bowls Club.
The following day they took part in a sightseeing tour of London and had an impromptu football game in Hyde Park.
You may also want to watch:
John Graham, sponsorship manager, said: "The whole week was blessed with fantastic weather and day three was the football day with a round robin tournament organised with the Eisenberg team and three other Baldock teams.
"Although the tournament was not designed to produce a winner there was no lack of competitiveness from any of the sides. "
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
The boys also watched Baldock Town's senior team play in the County Cup final where they had been asked to do a Baldock v Eisenberg penalty shoot out.
The week was rounded off with a farewell disco held in Baldock Community Centre with presentations of Easter eggs to the boys and Man of the Tournament awards to an Eisenberg and a Baldock player, Freddy Wohnsiedler and Henry Dann.
John added: ""Baldock Youth is one of the biggest clubs in Hertfordshire, we've got 450 members now and 40 teams operating.
"Special thanks is due to the main organisers and to Baldock Town Youth FC and North Herts District Council for financial support.
See the club website at www.baldocktyfc.co.uk for more details on the club.