Soap double to headline town panto
THE all-star line-up for this year s Christmas pantomime, Cinderella, at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage can be exclusively revealed by The Comet. Cinderella is the classic rags-to-riches tale of a young girl who lives with her evil stepmother and u
THE all-star line-up for this year's Christmas pantomime, Cinderella, at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage can be exclusively revealed by The Comet.
Cinderella is the classic rags-to-riches tale of a young girl who lives with her evil stepmother and ugly stepsisters and is treated like a servant.
With the assistance of her fairy godmother, Cinderella manages to go to Prince Charming's ball where he falls helplessly in love with her. But when he discovers she is not royalty, will he still be madly in love with her?
Of course he will - everyone knows a fairytale ends happily ever after!
The role of the fairy godmother will be performed by Amanda Barrie. She is best known for her role as Alma Baldwin in ITV's Coronation Street, where she spent 20 years of her life - from 1981 to 2001. Most recently she has appeared as Beverley Tull in ITV's Bad Girls.
Buttons will be played by 19-year-old Ben Nicholas - better known as Scott 'Stingray' Timmins from BBC1's Neighbours. Ben joined the cast of Neighbours in 2003 and has quickly gained a strong following. In 2005 he received a Logie nomination - the Australian television industry's awards - for Best New Talent. He was also inducted into the Logie's Hall of Fame to celebrate Neighbours' 20th anniversary.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 9 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
Additional cast for Cinderella will be announced in due course.
Cinderella will be staged from December 1 this year to January 27, 2008.
Tickets start from just £12 and are available from the box office now on: 08700 131 030 or online at: www.gordon-craig.co.uk