Snow Sunday 2017: Your pics from Stevenage, North Herts and Central Beds
- Credit: Archant
In true December fashion the weather outside was indeed frightful yesterday as heavy snow blanketed North Herts, Stevenage and Central Beds.
Predictably there was travel chaos as roads including the A1(M) became jammed, and the Comet received a barrage of complaints as to why gritting had not taken place earlier.
Herts County Council has since sent a detailed account of how many tonnes of grit had been spread on the major roads, with gritting at regular intervals – but the sheer amount of snow seems to have caused havoc.
On the up side, many of you wrapped up warm and got out in it, taking the chance to build snowmen, sledge, introduce your children and pets to the biggest snowfall in years and generally lark about.
We’ve uploaded a small selection of your wintery pictures here – thanks for all your contributions and we hope you have a safe day in the slush that remains.
You may also want to watch:
It’s going to get colder again tonight, so please watch out for the ice – with a yellow warning issued by the Met Office between 4pm today and 11am tomorrow. Temperatures could go as low as -6°.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth