Smoke alarm saves residents in suspected arson attack
Police are hunting a suspected arsonist who set light to a garden fence filling two houses with smoke in an early morning attack. Two fire crews from Baldock were called to the blaze in Pascal Way, Letchworth GC shortly before 4am yesterday morning (Monday).
Police are hunting a suspected arsonist who set light to a garden fence, endangering the lives of residents.
Two fire crews from Baldock were called to the blaze in Pascal Way, Letchworth GC shortly before 4am on Monday after a smoke alarm alerted residents.
The residents fled their home, which was filled with smoke, after the alarm went off. The neighbouring house which was also smoke-logged was empty.
The blaze destroyed a garden shed and smashed windows and melted guttering on the empty property.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was hurt in the fire, which was declared out an hour later.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed