Smile! New nursery opens in Stevenage
EVERYBODY smile! Pupils and staff of Martins Wood Primary School, Stevenage, pose proudly for a high level photograph in front of their brand new nursery classroom. The state of the art nursery opened at the beginning of term and pupils, parents and teach
EVERYBODY smile! Pupils and staff of Martins Wood Primary School, Stevenage, pose proudly for a high level photograph in front of their brand new nursery classroom.
The state of the art nursery opened at the beginning of term and pupils, parents and teachers are very pleased with their exciting new learning environment which has finally been built after years of campaigning by the school.
County council architects worked closely with headteacher Tom Evans and Foundation Stage leader Mandy Powell to achieve a design that reflects the needs of the children.
The light and spacious classroom has large windows dropping down to child level, under floor heating, automatic ventilation and many other energy-saving features.
You may also want to watch:
This term the school is working hard to bring the adjoining classrooms for the reception age children up to the same standard and develop the adjacent outdoor play area.
Mr Evans said: "Our aim is to have the whole of the Foundation Suite finished by Christmas. The early years are vital to the success of all children and this new facility gives us a modern, attractive learning environment which will benefit our pupils for many years to come."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
The nursery was officially opened by former headteacher Nick Torry, and town mayor Simon Speller.