Small Business Saturday bus to call at Stevenage for major roadshow
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage is to be one of 25 stops on a nationwide bus tour to promote small businesses.
On Tuesday, the Small Business Saturday bus will call at Danestrete near the Stevenage Borough Council headquarters for a major business roadshow from 10am to 2pm.
Coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week, the event is being run in the lead up to Small Business Saturday itself which falls on Saturday, December 2. The SBS team on the bus will be collaborating on the day with key regional organisations and firms that help small businesses such as Stevenage Borough Council, the Stevenage Business & Technology Centre, Wenta, FSB, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce, Herts Growth Hub, Herts LEP, The Prince’s Trust and many more.
Small businesses will be exhibiting in the town centre, business advice and support will be available on the bus itself, and there will be bite-sized training courses.
Free workshops are also available as well as free mentoring, coaching, business support and advice to grow your business and opportunities to meet like-minded businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Prince’s Trust ambassador Bas Plews, who grew his business to more than 450 people by the time he was 28 and is an expert in business recovery and the author of two bestselling books, will attend the event along with other experts and special guests. Stevenage Borough Council is also providing free exhibition space for local businesses to showcase their offer, including market traders.
SBS campaign director Michelle Ovens said: “Small Business Saturday and the bus tour are open to everyone. Businesses on the high street or online, trading with other businesses or selling direct to consumers. It is open to every individual who can take this moment to support their local businesses, and it is open to public sector to both support and reflect on the huge value small businesses generate.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
On Saturday, December 2, there will be a second event in Stevenage town centre which will provide family-run businesses, local shops, online businesses, wholesalers, business services and small manufacturers with an opportunity to showcase their business and achieve growth.
Free stands will be provided by the council.
For sponsorship opportunities and to register for a free stand, contact Mena Caldbeck by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07702 916911.
For more information visit stevenage.gov.uk/sbs.