Slipknot to headline Sonisphere
SLIPKNOT have been announced as a headline act for next year’s Sonisphere festival, the first time that the band have appeared at Knebworth.
The Iowa-based group will play an exclusive UK show at the hard rock bonaza which runs from July 8-10.
Their appearance at Sonisphere will be one of the band’s first shows since the death of founding member Paul Gray.
Slipknot released a statement which said: “We’re looking forward to spending our summer in Europe.
“This tour is about us and our fans. It’s about celebrating the life of our brother, Paul and his legacy.
You may also want to watch:
“The door is neither open nor closed. This tour is about burning down that door. See you this summer.”
More information on the line up for the event is due to be released on Monday.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn