Slideshow: Casualties confirmed following chemical leak in Stevenage
POLICE have revealed that there has so far been two casualties following this morning s (Monday) chemical leak in Stevenage. One victim was working in Caxton Point where the leak was reported and was treated at the scene by paramedics. The other victim wa
POLICE have revealed that there has so far been two casualties following this morning's (Monday) chemical leak in Stevenage.
One victim was working in Caxton Point where the leak was reported and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The other victim was a pedestrian who felt ill after breathing in the fumes and was taken to Lister Hospital.
Police say they have a special team of officers wearing breathing apparatus, currently in the building checking the cause of the leak and what chemical is involved. They are being accompanied by specialist firefighters.
Meanwhile all road closure in the area have been lifted.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening