Skydiving for Dogs for the Disabled
STAFF from a Letchworth GC company will be flying high when they take part in a daring fundraising event. Six workers from Groupama Healthcare in Broadway are getting ready for a tandem skydive to raise money for Dogs for the Disabled. The charity is cl
STAFF from a Letchworth GC company will be flying high when they take part in a daring fundraising event.
Six workers from Groupama Healthcare in Broadway are getting ready for a tandem skydive to raise money for Dogs for the Disabled.
The charity is close to the heart of Michelle Lamptey, a team leader at the company whose brother Jake, 16, suffers from Friedrich's Ataxia, a rare disorder that affects the nervous system, and is confined to a wheelchair. As reported in The Comet last November, Jake's life has been transformed by Nudge, a two-year old specially-trained Labrador retriever cross who helps him carry out day-to-day tasks.
Geraldine O'Neill, Helen Parnell, Kirsty Brown, Chris Church, Stephen Flint and Carl Read work with Michelle and have all agreed to do the sponsored skydive to help fund other dogs like Nudge.
You may also want to watch:
They will take the plunge in Norfolk on April 29.
Groupama Healthcare is making a donation towards the initiative and other staff at the office will be sponsoring the skydive as well as organising other fundraising events.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Alistair Sclare, head of healthcare underwriting at Groupama Healthcare, said: "We are delighted to support the Dogs for the Disabled charity.
"We hope that Helen, Kirsty, Geraldine, Chris, Stephen and Carl raise lots more money with the skydive."
People wishing to sponsor the team can contact Michelle Lamptey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org