Sky’s the limit for Hitchin business preparing for charity skydive
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin recruitment agency will take the plunge for charity later this summer.
Staff at a Hitchin recruitment agency are putting their fears aside as they prepare to take part in a charity skydive for a children’s charity.
Employees at Ellis Mason have been fundraising all year for the Happy Days Children’s Charity – which works to help vulnerable and disadvantaged children – and are looking to take it to the next level alongside some of their clients.
The caring company – which have already raised funds to send a child to Centreparcs – are set to put mouth their mouth where their money is and take a leap into the unknown.
Director of Ellis Mason, Luke Mason, spoke to the Comet about why they decided on a skydive.
You may also want to watch:
Luke said: “A skydive is something none of us want to do and we’re pushing our own limits.
“If we’re asking people to sponsor us then we need to do something challenging and worthy of the sponsorship.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“We’re asking for people to give to the charity and we feel that we should have to work hard to earn it.”
The team are hoping to raise enough money for 156 disadvantaged children in Letchworth and Stevenage to visit the theatre.
Luke is putting this at the forefront of his mind in order to conquer the fear of the jump.
“Quite honestly, I feel physically sick when I think about it but then I think about the joy we can bring to the children, even if it is only for an our, and it makes it all worthwhile,” he said.
“This charity is so effective at getting help where it is needed to young people in the area.
“We’re incredibly proud to be supporting Happy Days Children’s Charity and are delighted all funds raised are going to young people in the North Herts area.”
If you would like to make a donation towards Ellis Mason’s charity sky dive, visit www.justgiving.com/Ellismason.