Six of the best in bands battle
SIX bands battled it out to win through to the final of a music competition. Battle of the Teens North Hertfordshire semi-final, at Plinston on Broadway in Letchworth GC, saw Hitchin-based band The Vinyl Junkies take first place and win £200, as well as
SIX bands battled it out to win through to the final of a music competition.
Battle of the Teens' North Hertfordshire semi-final, at Plinston on Broadway in Letchworth GC, saw Hitchin-based band The Vinyl Junkies take first place and win £200, as well as £200 for their school.
The Follow, from Bishop's Stortford, took second place and Missing Theory, from Baldock, secured third place and a cash prize of £100.
The three other bands who participated - Hard Line Disclaimer, from Baldock, Flagship Down, from Letchworth GC and Hitchin, and Pretty Basic, from Biggleswade, - each won £50 for getting through to the semi-final.
The top three bands have won through to the final which is due to take place later this year.
Bernadette Harwood, founder of Battle of the Teens, said: "As a mother of a teenager I struggled to find live music events aimed solely at teenagers.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
"By founding Battle of the Teens I aim to give young bands the opportunity and experience of playing live gigs and give teenagers the opportunity to attend live gigs at a reasonable cost.
"Battle of the Teens is an annual competition, voted for by the audience of teenagers."
For more information about each of the bands, visit their myspace pages:
Hard Line Disclaimer - www.myspace.com/hardlinedisclaimer
Flagship Down - www.myspace.com/flagshipdown
Pretty Basic - www.myspace.com/prettybasicmusic
The Vinyl Junkies - www.myspace.com/vinyljunkiesuk
The Follow - www.myspace.com/thefollowuk
Missing Theory - www.myspace.com/missingtheory