Six further cases of swine flu confirmed
A FURTHER six cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Hertfordshire, taking the total number of diagnosed patients in the county to 21.Of the latest cases, one is a pupil at Queen s School in Bushey, but an NHS spokeswoman said they did not know where
A FURTHER six cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Hertfordshire, taking the total number of diagnosed patients in the county to 21.
Of the latest cases, one is a pupil at Queen's School in Bushey, but an NHS spokeswoman said they did not know where in the county the other affected people are from.
All patients have been given anti-viral drugs and are responding well to treatment.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health for Hertfordshire, said: "These new cases of swine flu are not connected to the cases previously announced, but they do not come as a surprise given the pattern of spread of this new strain of flu and should not be cause for alarm.
You may also want to watch:
"We continue to monitor the situation carefully and our GPs remain vigilant to any patients reporting flu-like symptoms."
Dr Halpin added: "We have very detailed plans in place to manage any more widespread transmission of swine flu.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?