Six cars damaged at Stevenage school after vandals scratch offensive words into paintwork
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was done to six cars outside a Stevenage school on Thursday evening after vandals scratched offensive words and lines on to them.
Between 6.40pm and 10pm the criminals scratched the paintwork of cars parked in the front car park at Marriotts School in Brittain Way.
The marks were made on the bonnets, doors and bodywork.
The damaged cars were a blue Vauxhall, a grey Mercedes, a blue Renault, a blue Nissan, a blue Ford and a white Mercedes.
The victims had just finished a sports club and returned to their vehicles to find the damage.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The damage will cost hundreds of pounds to repair and the incidents are being linked.”
Anyone with any information about these incidents is asked to contact Herts police via 101.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030