Sir Bob Geldof to headline festival
SIR Bob Geldof is set to headline a summer music festival, popular with Hertfordshire music lovers.
The LodeStar Festival, beginning at the end of August, will feature more than 50 artists.
Today (Monday) LodeStar 2012 festival director Doug Durrant has announced Sir Bob Geldof will headline Saturday’s bill.
Mr Durrant said: “We are having great success with plans for 2012 and we’ve had astounding feedback in response to the news of Bob Geldof headlining at LodeStar.”
Sir Bob was the lead singer of the Irish rock band The Boomtown Rats and is widely recognised for his activism and organising the super-concerts Band Aid, Live Aid and Live 8.
You may also want to watch:
He has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and was granted a knighthood by the Queen.
His latest album is called How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
The popular music festival is held in Lode, about 15 minutes from Cambridge city centre, and has a broad range of acts with everything from pop, rock, indie, late night DJs, through to theatre, comedy and burlesque, LodeStar is building up to be a ‘must do weekend’.
The line-up includes: The Go! Team, Michele Stodart, Ryan Keen, Karima Francis, The Rocket Dolls, Jodie Marie, Inouwee, Glass Pear, Dead Wolf Club, Luminites, Katzenjammer, BIGkids, Amanda Mair and Rae Morris.
TICKETS & TIMES
Early bird tickets have already sold out, but the mid-bird ticket price is great value and includes free camping for three-day ticket holders.
There is also free entry for under 14s and no booking fees.
Tickets can only be purchased on the official LodeStar website www.lodestarfestival.com
There will be no late discounting on tickets.
LodeStar does not support secondary ticketing.
Gates open Friday August 31 at 10am.
The festival ends Sunday September 2 at 9pm.
Location: Lode CB25 9HE.