Singers in record attempt
PUPILS from St Mary s School in Baldock are waiting to see if they hit the right notes when they took part in a world record attempt. The youngsters took part in the Big Sing, a national event aiming to break the record for the largest simultaneous singal
PUPILS from St Mary's School in Baldock are waiting to see if they hit the right notes when they took part in a world record attempt.
The youngsters took part in the Big Sing, a national event aiming to break the record for the largest simultaneous singalong.
Lemar and Joss Stone led the singing of Lean On Me from the Royal Albert Hall and singers from across the country, including St Mary's School, joined in.
Currently the number who took part is estimated at 223,255, which is well over double the existing record of 83,637, but this figure has yet to be ratified by Guinness World Records.
You may also want to watch:
The event was arranged to raise funds for CLIC Sargent, a charity which cares for children with cancer, and The African Children's Choir.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn