Sinclair may face operation
ROB Sinclair hopes to find out today (Monday) the extent of the groin injury that has ruled him out of Boro’s pre-season campaign.
The midfielder picked up the injury last season prior to the first leg of Boro’s play-off semi final with Accrington Stanley and has been plagued with it all summer.
Sinclair is due to meet with the surgeon today to find out whether an operation is needed to rectify the issue but the former Salisbury City man admits it’s a bit of an unknown quantity at present.
“I picked it up last season before the semi-final first leg in the pattern of play (training),” Sinclair told The Comet following Boro’s 1-0 win over Fulham.
“My tendon has come away from the bone by two centimetres so it’s a bit of a nasty one and there are a few complications with it at the minute. Hopefully tomorrow I’m seeing the surgeon and hopefully we’ll have some news then.
You may also want to watch:
“I went to get an injection on it the other day and the doctor refused to do the injection because there were a few problems. He sent me back to the surgeon and I couldn’t even guess (at how long I’ll be out for), hopefully we’ll find out tomorrow.”
Sinclair admitted it’s been hard to see the rest of his team-mates getting back into the swing of things leaving the 21-year-old a frustrated figure on the sidelines.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
He said: “Obviously it’s horrible to have an injury like this. I’ve spent all summer trying to get it right and it just hasn’t happened, it’s annoying to be fair.”