Simon Pegg back in Letchworth for filming of The World’s End
- Credit: Archant
FILM crews were back in town for the third time to film scenes for a blockbuster movie.
The production team behind The World’s End, which stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine, were back in Letchworth GC on March 3 and 4.
Filming took place in Leys Avenue, where parking suspensions were put into place, through the night.
A portion of North Herts District Council’s short-stay Arena Parade car park was also out of use.
People took to social networking site Twitter as they saw film crews in the town centre.
Chris Rees said: “New pub appears overnight in Letchworth. Must be that Simon Pegg geezer again”, while Richard Kell tweeted: “Letchworth once again resembles Hollywood! Filming last few bits of #WorldEnd.”
The film, which is written by actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, is due to hit the screens in the UK on August 14.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
It’s the third and final part of Pegg and Wright’s Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, following box office smashes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
It sees five childhood friends reunite and try to attempt again an epic pub crawl through their home town of Newton Haven.
• To see a gallery of pictures, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.