Simon Pegg back in Letchworth for filming of The World’s End
- Credit: Archant
FILM crews were back in town for the third time to film scenes for a blockbuster movie.
The production team behind The World’s End, which stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine, were back in Letchworth GC on March 3 and 4.
Filming took place in Leys Avenue, where parking suspensions were put into place, through the night.
A portion of North Herts District Council’s short-stay Arena Parade car park was also out of use.
People took to social networking site Twitter as they saw film crews in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Rees said: “New pub appears overnight in Letchworth. Must be that Simon Pegg geezer again”, while Richard Kell tweeted: “Letchworth once again resembles Hollywood! Filming last few bits of #WorldEnd.”
The film, which is written by actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, is due to hit the screens in the UK on August 14.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
It’s the third and final part of Pegg and Wright’s Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, following box office smashes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
It sees five childhood friends reunite and try to attempt again an epic pub crawl through their home town of Newton Haven.
• To see a gallery of pictures, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.