Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright back in Letchworth for The World’s End Q&A
- Credit: Archant
The star and director of hit film The World’s End are returning to the Comet country town where much of it was filmed.
Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are to hold a Q&A session after a special screening of the film at the Broadway Cinema in Letchworth GC next Thursday.
Tickets for the event are £10, with proceeds to be equally divided between the Philippines Typhoon Appeal and a local charity or community project to be decided.
Jason Valentine, general manager of the cinema, said: “It’s wonderful for them to come back to say thank you to the town and to their fans and we are really looking forward to it.”
In The World’s End, five friends who reunite to attempt an epic pub crawl from their youth unwittingly become caught up in an alien invasion and become humankind’s only hope for survival.
You may also want to watch:
It was largely shot in Letchworth GC and many locations are easily identifiable on screen, including the railway station and the cinema, which was transformed into a nightclub.
The film was released in the summer, with the DVD set to be released on Monday.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Councillor Lynda Needham, leader of North Herts District Council, said: “We are delighted The World’s End team will be revisiting Letchworth, where they spent so much time filming. We know local fans of the film will be thrilled to hear about the special screening.”
Tickets will be put on sale in two batches - 200 tickets will be available to buy in person from the Broadway Cinema box office from 7pm on Thursday and the rest from the box office or website www.broadway-cinema.com from 7pm on Friday. You must be over 15 to attend the event.