Sikh temple moves to new location
A COLOURFUL procession made its way through a blisteringly hot Hitchin as a Sikh temple moved to a new location on Saturday. Steady growth in its congregation meant that the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara needed to move from its home of over 30 years in Ra
A COLOURFUL procession made its way through a blisteringly hot Hitchin as a Sikh temple moved to a new location on Saturday.
Steady growth in its congregation meant that the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara needed to move from its home of over 30 years in Radcliffe Road to premises in Wilbury Way.
The occasion was marked with a day of services and celebrations, including recitals by some of the world's leading Sikh classical singers.
A procession to the new gurdwara set out in the afternoon and the day was rounded off with a firework display.
You may also want to watch:
Onkar Liddar, from the gurdwara's management committee said: "The new site will allow us to extend our community-based services such as sports, language education, free kitchen, yoga, arts and music classes. Everyone is welcome.
"We had over 300 people join the eventful occasion.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
"It was a complete success and our thanks go out to all those who helped make it so successful."
Fore more information about the gurdwara, visit www.sgssh.org