Sign up to sporty Ellie’s charity zumbathon in Hitchin – with cakes after!
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost her brother to blood cancer is organising a keep-fit charity event at a Hitchin school later this month.
Ellie Males lost her brother Joe to the disease eight days after his 16th birthday in 2007, with the Males family and friends holding a host of fundraisers since then to collect funds for Bloodwise – including a zumbathon from 2pm to 4pm at The Priory School in Bedford Road on Saturday, October 24.
Sporty Ellie said: “We attend a zumba class every week at Xchange Fitness in Hitchin run by Richard Cowell and thought: ‘What better way to raise money for a charity close to our hearts than to get people involved in something we love.’ We hope as many people as possible to come to our sponsored zumbathon.
“We’d also like to thank Priory School head Geraint Edwards, who’s been fantastic.
“No previous fitness is required, and you can do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a raffle, and a cake sale after – where people can treat themselves! Tickets cost £10 from www.justgiving.com/zumbathon-24.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal