Sign Up Now
THE opening bell has sounded in the fight to stop the destruction of our countryside under thousands of homes and miles of tarmac. All the information on the scheme to expand Luton into Herts Green Belt by building 5,500 homes and a massive ring road is
THE opening bell has sounded in the fight to stop the destruction of our countryside under thousands of homes and miles of tarmac.
All the information on the scheme to expand Luton into Herts Green Belt by building 5,500 homes and a massive ring road is in the public domain and the official channels of protest are open.
On Friday the Luton and South Beds joint planning committee website went live on the first day of an eight-week consultation process with details of how to object.
This is your chance to voice your opinion and opposition to this destruction of our countryside.
You may also want to watch:
But we still need you to join our Stop The Luton Invasion campaign by signing up at www.thecomet24.co.uk and leaving your comments. We plan to take every protest to Parliament and every voice is important.
You can also have your say to North Herts councillors and planning officers who will be answering questions and more importantly listening to your concerns at parish council meetings in the threatened area in the coming weeks.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
All the information on the project is available at www.shapeyourfuture.org.uk where you can download a copy of the Core Strategy Preferred Options document, or to get a hard copy call Luton Borough Council on 01582 546000. You can also object in writing to Joint Technical Unit, Regus House, 960 Capability Green, Luton LU1 3PE.
Go online to www.thecomet24.co.uk to read the reasons people are objecting and watch this space for news of public meetings in Beds.
Dates for the diary:
St Ippolyts, April 27
St Pauls Walden, April 29
Lilley, May 7
Kimpton, May 12
Breachwood Green, May 20
Keep East Of Luton Green march, May 3