Shuttleworth Collection’s 2016 season premiere kicks off with first Red Arrows display in 30 years
- Credit: Archant
The Shuttleworth Collection’s 2016 season was kicked off in style on Sunday with the RAF Red Arrows on display at the Old Warden Aerodrome for the first time in more than 30 years.
As well as a host of live music, the season premiere saw vehicle parades and a display of flying from both visiting and Collection aircraft.
The Red Arrows pulled in the crowds in the scorching sunshine, but there were also displays from the visiting BBMF Lancaster, Bristol Blenheim, Global Stars aerobatic team, Calidus, Tiger 9, B17 Sally B and the P51D Mustang.
There was also plenty to get stuck in with thanks to the Airfix and IPMS Brampton ‘make and paint’ station.
Ciara Harper of the Collection said: “The Red Arrows delighted the audience at The Shuttleworth Collection.
You may also want to watch:
“It was enjoyed by a sell-out crowd of all ages.
“The good weather and a friendly atmosphere made it a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon and season opener.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
For more information visit www.shuttleworth.org.