Should Boro forget about the FA Trophy this season?
A SECTION of Boro fans may want to see Graham Westley s men concentrate on the league rather than this weekend s FA Trophy first round tie against Ebbsfleet United. But Boro s participation in the competition could have a positive effect on the club s le
A SECTION of Boro fans may want to see Graham Westley's men concentrate on the league rather than this weekend's FA Trophy first round tie against Ebbsfleet United.
But Boro's participation in the competition could have a positive effect on the club's league campaign purely down to the prize money involved.
The prize money for the 2010 competition is as follows:
Preliminary Round winners (52) 2,000
You may also want to watch:
First Round Qualifying winners (72) 2,300
Second Round Qualifying winners (36) 3,000
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) 4,000
First Round Proper winners (32) 5,000
Second Round Proper winners (16) 6,000
Third Round Proper winners (8) 7,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (4) 8,000
Semi Final winners (2) 16,000
Final runners-up (1) 25,000
Final winners (1) 50,000
Now it may seem like small fry to a lot of teams but, as has been so well documented over the first half of the season, there is a Setanta shortfall to make up and a cup run to Wembley would certainly ease any non league club's financial fears.
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has repeatedly stated that any income that hasn't been budgeted for will be put straight into Westley's playing budget.
Therefore a cup run could make the difference and net Boro the player they need to push them on to promotion in 2010. Just who that player is remains a mystery but Westley will have undoubtedly already come up with a list of potential signings he is ready to move for if he is given the green light.
Another day out at Wembley would be no bad thing for everyone connected with Boro.