Shops ban on man
A 24-YEAR-OLD man is prohibited from entering any retail outlets in a town centre after being handed a two year Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO). Simon Speer, from Ditchmore Lane, Stevenage, was given the ASBO by Stevenage Magistrates Court on October
A 24-YEAR-OLD man is prohibited from entering any retail outlets in a town centre after being handed a two year Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO).
Simon Speer, from Ditchmore Lane, Stevenage, was given the ASBO by Stevenage Magistrates' Court on October 24 after being sentenced to 21 weeks imprisonment for two thefts and taking a vehicle without consent.
Under the order, Speer is prohibited from entering any retail outlets in Stevenage town centre, entering any retail outlets on the town's Roaring Meg retail park, including Asda at Monkswood Way, and entering Waitrose on the High Street in Stevenage Old Town.
Pc Jane Karajan said: "Speer has been known to police for a while as a persistent trouble-maker.
You may also want to watch:
"I am pleased that the magistrates dealt in a firm but fair manner with this individual and I hope the ASBO will deter him from troubling retail outlets in Stevenage any further in the future.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed