Sheringham: We need to dig deeper to get results
- Credit: Archant
Defeat to Carlisle was club’s fourth loss in a row
Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham says his side needs to dig a little deeper if they are to see an upturn in fortunes.
Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Carlisle United was the club’s fourth in succession, and their fifth match without a win.
Boro host Dagenham & Redbridge in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy this Wednesday, and speaking ahead of the game Sheringham said: “I think we need to dig a bit deeper. When you lose goals from set pieces like that [on Saturday], it’s down to desire.
“They wanted to score from that set piece and they did so. We need to get that bit more desire.
“We’ve had words in the dressing room. It’s not really fallen to someone in the wrong place. That’s desire to get on and win a knock down.
“From their point of view I bet they’re delighted to score a scabby goal like that. From our point of view it’s not good enough.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes