Sheringham: We have a big enough squad to cope with injuries
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss says he has more players in treatment room ahead of trip to Bristol Rovers
Teddy Sheringham says his squad has enough depth to cope with new injuries ahead of the trip to Bristol Rovers.
Stevenage have a couple more players in the treatment room following the weekend’s 0-0 draw at home to Luton Town, but Sheringham says he is pleased with the quality of players available to him ahead of Tuesday’s game.
Boro signed Spurs goalkeeper Harry Voss and Fleetwood striker Jamille Matt on loan last week, but Dean Parrett was missing at the weekend with a thigh injury.
“That’s two clean sheets from three so from a positive point of view it’s another point in a tough period, and three games unbeaten,” Sheringham said.
“But we do need to start putting wins on the board, there’s no doubt about that.
“We’ve got a couple of injuries, but we’ve got a nice big squad and I’ve got a lot of good players in the squad. If I need to call on different people, we will do.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 5 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 6 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
“It’s a tough time when you play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday in this league, but everyone has got to do it so we’ll get ourselves ready and make sure we’re all ready for Bristol on Tuesday.”