Sheringham remains hopeful of further transfer business
- Credit: Archant
Boro boss has been on the phone all weekend but admits it’s ‘not easy’ to get the right people in
Teddy Sheringham still hopes to add to his squad before the end of the transfer window.
The Stevenage boss has so far brought in five permanent signings this summer in addition to Tom Hitchcock on loan from MK Dons, but although Sheringham has been on his phone all weekend he says it is ‘not easy’ to bring the right people in.
Asked about whether he hoped to bring in more bodies, Sheringham told the Comet: “Yes, but that’s the stage of the season we’re at. It’s still very busy. I was on the phone Saturday night and on Sunday trying to sort things out.
“We’ll be looking to do things between now and the deadline.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked if he was looking at permanent or loan deals, Sheringham added: “A bit of both…but it’s not easy getting any players at the moment. You’ve got to get in quick and get the right ones as well.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 6 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket