Sheringham hopes MK Dons loanee hasn’t played his last game for Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Boro boss hopes club can ‘do something’ to keep Tom Hitchcock
Teddy Sheringham hopes that Tom Hitchcock’s appearance against Plymouth Argyle won’t be his last for Stevenage.
The striker started Saturday’s 2-1 win over the Pilgrims, his first start in a Boro shirt since joining the club on a one-month loan deal last month.
Hitchcock, who scored his first goal for the club last week at Dagenham, is currently one of five players on loan at the club, with Jesse Joronen (Fulham), Chris Kettings (Crystal Palace), Connor Smith (Watford) and Connor Ogilvie (Spurs) also at the Lamex.
Speaking at the weekend about Hitchcock’s future, and whether it was his last game for the club, Sheringham said: “I hope not. We’ve talked to MK Dons about doing something.
You may also want to watch:
“The chairman is on the case and hopefully we can do something.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain