Sheringham delighted defender has extended Stevenage contract
- Credit: Archant
Dean Wells has been an ever-present in the Boro back line this season
Teddy Sheringham says he is delighted that Dean Wells has committed his future to the club.
The central defender, who signed for Boro from Braintree Town in the summer of 2014 for £40,000, did have a contract with the club until the end of the current campaign but has now put pen to paper on a deal that will see him remain at the club for another two seasons.
He was the only centre-half kept on at the club after the end of last season, and speaking ahead of this weekend’s trip to Barnet Sheringham said: “I’m delighted that Deano has signed again.
“I think centre-halves, if they’re any good they need to play at football clubs for three, four, five years or even longer.
You may also want to watch:
“The way he plays brings stability and brings confidence to the team knowing that he’s going to compete every time the ball comes into that area.
“His talking is getting better, he’s taking on board exactly what I’m after.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home