Teddy Sheringham and Graham Westley returning to Stevenage as Ronnie Henry testimonial bosses
- Credit: Archant
Former Stevenage bosses Teddy Sheringham and Graham Westley are set to return to the Lamex next month, after it was announced they would be taking charge of the teams for Ronnie Henry’s testimonial.
Westley will take charge of the 2009/2010 Conference Winning side once again - after being at the helm when they reached the Football League for the first time at the end of that season - with opposite number Sheringham leading the Ronnie Henry All Star XI when they face off on Monday, May 6 at 3pm.
“I watched on admiringly as Ronnie strode past my 473 game status and nailed that 500 mark at Stevenage. What an achievement at one club,” said Westley.
“It was one of my finest decisions to bring Ron to the club originally, and then again to bring him back. He is a leader, a winner, a professional and a champion.
“He is an incredible son, husband, father and man. Best of all, above all the talent, graft, grit and discipline, is a guy who doesn’t treat himself too seriously, who is a phenomenal teammate and who has reasonable banter.
“I sincerely hope that Stevenage folk will join us all in supporting the man and his family as we celebrate his past commitment and successes and help to launch him towards his future.”
Sheringham – who replaced Westley as Stevenage boss in May 2015 – managed Henry during his nine-month spell at the Lamex.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
He added: “I am delighted to be coming back to the Lamex Stadium for Ronnie’s Testimonial.
“From first meeting him as a young lad at Tottenham, he has gone onto have a superb career and has become a true professional and leader for this football club.
“He certainly deserves his day and I am happy to play a part in it.”
Among the names confirmed to appear are Boro legends George Boyd, Steve Morison, Mark Roberts, Scott Laird, Lawrie Wilson and Matty Godden, while the club have also announced that current first-team boss Dino Maamria will be lacing up his boots and taking to the pitch on May 6.
To book tickets for Ronnie Henry’s testimonial, visit www.borotickets.co.uk, call 01438 223 223, or visit the club shop at the Lamex, open Thursday’s and Friday’s from 10am to 7pm.
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for concessions (Over 60s/Under 18s) and £2 for under 12s.