Shefford Majorettes celebrate 25th anniversary
A MAJORETTES club held an awards ceremony to celebrate 25 years of displays.
The Shefford Majorettes troupe invited family, friends and supporters to an AGM and an awards ceremony to congratulate a group of girls for their dancing skills.
Awards went to Zoe Warner for best majorette, the trainer award went to Natalie Palmer and Ellie Jones took home the most improved majorette award.
Now into her 12th the year with the club, Laura Mackie was presented with an award for recognition of being the longest serving majorette.
The troupe has around 30 girls and meets on Tuesday evenings throughout the year at the Shefford Town Memorial Association Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Majorettes learn choreographed dance, including skills such as baton and flag twirling, marching, pom-pom and mace routines.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go